Thursday 28 March 2013

CUSTOM MADE for KEITH RICHARDS


NOW ! FOR  SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.
Some years ago I was working at my bench
in our Covent Garden workshop.
It was just a regular day, when a good friend
from New York popped in to say Hi!
I  ve known Pierre for many years.
We traded guitars and amps since the 80's.
Anyway , Pierre is looking at the iems on my bench
when he spots a knife that I had started
customising.
I had a plain black blade and had started to carve a
handle for it.
As it was just a piece I was "messing around" with
It was far from being finished.
Pierre said
" I know someone who would love this"
I knew who he meant of course!
I explain this was just a rough idea but I could
make a "proper" knife.
So I designed a blade and contacted Wilkinson swords
to make a custom  blade for me.

It took me about a year to carve the handle....
My idea was,,,
Life /Death
Man /Woman
Human/Animal
Plants/Flowers.
Eventually I collected the blade and box from Wilkinson swords
and spend a few more hours assembling the piece.

Approx knife length 40cm

                                                                      JOB DONE!






No comments:

Post a Comment