Saturday 26 January 2013

ANTIQUE MEXICAN SKULL RING./ CALAVERA

HEY! HOMBRE!
Something new? Something old ?
For quite some time I wanted
to make a New DAY OF THE DEAD ring
but with a twist...
It had to  look completely different
from my usual style of designing and carving.
Years ago a similar situation arose
when  I made a ring fot a New York client that
had visited the British Museum and asked me to
make him a replica of a ancient Roman ring
on display there and if possible ,
to make it sing the same
ancient techniques of jewellery making of the period.
So this was the same basic  idea I had to make an
Antique Mexican Day of the Dead ring.
I had some pictures of ancient Mexican rings
but I decide to combines various ideas
from my favourites ones  and created
the CALAVERA SKULL RING!

CALAVERA is SKULL in Spanish.

It is purposely a "rough carving" with  uneven details.
Its a signet type ring with sacred hearst on both sides.
To achieve a reallistic ANTIQUE LOOK we left it very rough
and  avoided over polishing the ring.
So here it is.our NEW ANTIQUE SKULL RING!
Please note that it s currently only available to order
but should be in store and Online within a couple of weeks.



2 comments:

  1. I know your expertise on this. I must say we should have an online discussion on this. Writing only comments will close the discussion straight away! And will restrict the benefits from this information.
    skull rings for men

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your music is amazing. You have some very talented artists. I wish you the best of success.
    skull ring for men

    ReplyDelete