Saturday, 26 January 2013

ANTIQUE MEXICAN SKULL RING./ CALAVERA

HEY! HOMBRE!
Something new? Something old ?
For quite some time I wanted
to make a New DAY OF THE DEAD ring
but with a twist...
It had to  look completely different
from my usual style of designing and carving.
Years ago a similar situation arose
when  I made a ring fot a New York client that
had visited the British Museum and asked me to
make him a replica of a ancient Roman ring
on display there and if possible ,
to make it sing the same
ancient techniques of jewellery making of the period.
So this was the same basic  idea I had to make an
Antique Mexican Day of the Dead ring.
I had some pictures of ancient Mexican rings
but I decide to combines various ideas
from my favourites ones  and created
the CALAVERA SKULL RING!

CALAVERA is SKULL in Spanish.

It is purposely a "rough carving" with  uneven details.
Its a signet type ring with sacred hearst on both sides.
To achieve a reallistic ANTIQUE LOOK we left it very rough
and  avoided over polishing the ring.
So here it is.our NEW ANTIQUE SKULL RING!
Please note that it s currently only available to order
but should be in store and Online within a couple of weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment