Friday 9 July 2010

CRAZY PIG DESIGNS -KING OF THE SKULL RINGS

Many times , I ve been asked , where and when you started designing and making this kind of Rock& Roll jewellery
and of course the famous SKULL RINGS worn by celebrities & rock musicians.
I ve been playing electric guitar since schooldays , and after variuous pro bands in France I decided that France
would never be a ROCK & ROLL coutry so I packed my bags and moved to London.
While playing in variuos rock bands ,to make ends meet , I worked 2 days a week in Carnaby Street
in a little store , kind of a hippy headshop, seeling candles, and a selection of hippy jewellery
 mostly imported and  of very little interest to me.
One day a customer asked me if we could make him a small SKULL RING in silver.
So I asked the owner and he basically said " NO "( to put it politely)
I tried the workshop , but the reply was " Tell him to get lost"
HUM!!!!!! Nice guys!
So i went back to the customer,and said
 YES !NO PROBLEM!
It will be ready in about a month and will cost £50.
That evening I went to the workshop before they closed and one guy, started to show
 me all the tools,the drills, the torch. files,polishing motors etc...
Fron that day ,after work, I started , soldering, drilling, filing, polishing, as best as I could,
and eventually a fairly simple plain skull ring was finished and ready for the customer.
When the customer came in to collect his order,
he was delighted with my SKULL RING and paid me £50,

Here's the story of my first SKULL RING,.

Since  then I ve made over ONE THOUSAND designs, and Thousands of custom orders pieces
I was always a ROCK MUSICIAN, still am, ROCK & ROLL JEWELLERY is not a trend or a fashion for me
I ve not jumped on the bandwagon of rock & roll jewellery, and " designer skull ring"
CRAZY PIG DESIGNS doe not give jewellery for free to celebrities either
All of our VIP's have actually paid like everyone else
THREE ROLLING STONES ( K RICHARDS, M JAGGER, R WOOD)
TWO BEATLES ( G HARISSON, R STARR)
these are only a few namesfrom  our "REAL ROCK STARS" clientele

ARMAND is  the jewellery designer of the  MODERN SKULL RING
from the early days in that little store in Carnaby street
to the creation of the CRAZY PIG DESIGNS  brand in
LONDON ,COVENT GARDEN

 





No comments:

Post a Comment